Buddhist Temple Tour In collaboration with Nan Tien Temple and Nan Tien Institute
June 5 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm| Free
Buddhist Temple Tour
In collaboration with Nan Tien Temple and Nan Tien Institute
Location: Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong
Cost: Free (Donations to Nan Tien Temple and Metta Centre are appreciated)
Metta Centre is pleased to host our upcoming Buddhist Temple Tour event at Nan Tien Temple. Join us in a very special day out, learning about Buddhism, temple life, tea meditation, and a guided tour by resident nuns of Nan Tien Temple and its associated university, Nan Tien Institute, in Wollongong.
Program will include:
- Tour of the Nan Tien Temple, the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere
- Tour of Nan Tien Institute, Australia’s first Government-accredited higher education provider focussed on Buddhism, health and social wellbeing, mental health and mindfulness.
- Walk across the impressive $10M footbridge that connects the Nan Tien Institute to the Nan Tien Temple
- A talk on Humanistic Buddhism: connecting to the values of humanity, presented by Venerable Juewei, Head of Program for Humanistic Buddhism, Director of the Humanistic Buddhism Centre, and Senior Lecturer at Nan Tien Institute in Australia.
- Tea Meditation led by Venerable Juefang, who specialises in Tea Chan
- Experience the Bell and Drum ceremony
- Offering of Merits
Whilst this is an event organised by Metta Centre in collaboration with Nan Tien Temple, it is open to everyone to join. You can also arrive earlier to enjoy Nan Tien’s Health and Wellbeing Market Day which starts at 9.30am. We also invite you to join us for lunch at 12.30pm at the Cafe on the groundfloor of Nan Tien Institute.
We will meet at the foyer of the Nan Tien Institute at 2pm.
Limited numbers due to Covid restrictions so booking is essential. If you are unable to make it please release your tickets so others can come.
The Temple have Covid guidelines that change from time to time, so please ensure you check the temple’s website prior to the event so we can follow any Covid safety precautions at the temple.
Contact person on the day: Tina 0457 160 553
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECTING TO THE VALUES OF HUMANITY
The Humanistic Buddhism Program at Nan Tien Institute is designed to help you cope with an increasingly dynamic and interdependent modern world using Buddhist principles and values. The program draws on the strengths of NTI’s unique resources within its teaching programs, bringing a spirit of creativity and openness to the intellectual exploration of meaning within your personal and professional life. This course would benefit those working within Buddhist communities, or health/education/business professionals who are seeking to enhance the impact of their work. By truly understanding, sharing, and working with humanistic values in your workplace and career, you will gain the skills to develop an innovative culture of understanding, mindfulness and care within your organisation. The Hsing Yun Education Foundation offers scholarships for both domestic and international students who qualify. Flexible study options. Government-accredited. FEE-HELP available. For more information and to apply, ask our guides at the event or contact email@example.com or visit our website at nantien.edu.au.