- This event has passed.
Urban Mindfulness Retreats for adults Facilitated by Sister Emerald and Sister Steadiness
December 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
One event on December 9, 2018 at 9:00 am
In the whirlwind of life, we are drawn from one task to another, one day after another, and one problem after another calling for our attention.
It is essential to have moments in our day to be able to stop, reflect, breathe, and come home into your heart so as to find nourishment and peace within the chaotic worldly demands that drains our energy.
These urban retreats, spanning two days each time, allows time for you to return home into your heart, to breathe and know you are alive; to be present fully and joyfully in this moment. The momentum of the practice from these two days allows you to bring the peacefulness that you experience in these retreats into your day to day life. The retreats are non-residential, allowing you at the end of each day to start bringing these qualities back to your home, your family, your everyday life so your spiritual practice seamlessly is incoporated back into your day to day life.
During the retreats, you will have the experience to learn:
- Sitting Meditation: how to sit comfortably without pain, breathe correctly and methods to calm your mind.
- Mindful Communication: how to listen with an understanding mind to stay peaceful, and how to express your feelings from a loving heart for oneself and others happily.
- Walking Meditation: how to slow down our body and mind so as to enjoy gentle steps coordinating with conscious breathing.
- Eating Mindful: how to enjoy meals with ease in plentiful time, to be grateful for the healthy food and for nature in nourishing our lives.
- Lying Down Relaxation: use this relaxing practice to restore used energy so the body has sufficient energy to continue function healthy.
- Healing Breath Qigong: practise this gentle body movement that is coordinated with conscious breathing to maintain healthy body and clear mind.
Sister Emerald and Sister Steadiness have generously offered to organise meals for participants, and for catering purposes registration at least two days before each retreat is essential. Spaces are limited and therefore it is recommended that participants register and contact the facilitators directly to confirm their spot by sending an email to email@example.com or call 02 8739 7584.